Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
This role falls within our growing SRE organization, responsible for building and supporting our products from a software perspective.Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for maintaining the uptime of services and keeping Flock production systems running smoothly. They also work on our build, deploy, metrics, alerting, and logging tooling and infrastructure. They work with other engineers to ensure the system is capable of handling significant growth as we scale over time.
How you'll make an impact:
- Make sure the system is running and in line with internal SLIs and SLOs
- Collaborate with Platform, Machine Learning, and Hardware teams on multifaceted projects that interact with our system
- Assess new technologies as needed, balancing technical needs and business impact
- Refine our CI/CD process, improving the rate we can deliver new code to production in a reliable and efficient manner
- Collaborate on creating a robust monitoring platform for our services and their underlying infrastructure, aiming to alert on symptoms and not outages
- Be part of an on-call process to resolve availability incidents and work towards preventing these incidents from ever happening
- Use best practices when creating and managing AWS resources (e.g. security groups, VPCs)
- Manage containers and orchestration, using Docker and Kubernetes
We're looking for people who:
- Have experience in an SRE role with an understanding of monitoring, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery
- Have proficiency with infrastructure as code and/or configuration management (we use Terraform)
- Have experience with managing monitoring dashboards using tools like Grafana and Prometheus to create actionable alerts
Our general interview process is outlined here.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock
- Flock cameras help solve ~200 crimes/day
- 70% of all crime involves motor vehicles
- 2100+ cities with private cameras
- 1500+ agency relationships across the US
- 1B+ images processed a month (we process more images than Instagram)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a minimum starting salary of $135,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.