Flexport is a platform for global trade in an industry that comprises 12% of the global GDP. We're the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
What you’ll do:
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches
- Lead technical decisions on the team and functional area
- Describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs and decisions
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day
What you’ll need:
- 3 - 12 years of experience. A minimum of 3 years shipping production quality code in a fast-paced work environment
- Desire to constantly learning new technologies; have knowledge of full technical landscape
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- A talent for analytical problem solving
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to define engineering culture on a small team of less than 50
- To be a thought leader on an impactful & innovative engineering team
- Meaningful equity in a startup growing their business 20% every month
- Product ownership - take autonomy over core products & product features
Our continuous releases are integrated with Travis CI and Github. On the frontend, we use React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we're a Rails shop riding on AWS and Postgres RDS. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.