We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, Reuters, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
As part of our recent growth, we’re looking to build out our total rewards team and have several Senior Compensation Specialist positions open. Successful candidates will play an integral part on the Total Rewards team, helping to ensure our compensation programs function effectively and recommending process improvements. You’ll work closely with the broader People and Recruiting teams, plus line managers, to solve compensation-related business problems.
We are a creative and curious team at Flexport. We believe in ownership and the long-term and setting our talent up for success. Come join our humble and full team - we are in it together! Please apply if you have focus in one or more of the following areas:
- Executive - help design compensation plans for executives and top management
- Equity - review internal equity and provide recommendations to compensation plans
- Global - analyze international plans and advise on location specific rewards strategy
- Provide compensation support for a dedicated function(s) within the organization while understanding and identifying business needs and translating them into a technical solution
- Partner with the People team and business leaders to craft compensation packages that are internally equitable and externally competitive
- Determine job level and FLSA exemption status for new roles
- Conduct competitive market analyses
- Run the annual compensation review cycle, including budget definition
- Aid in the development and communication of equity compensation programs
- Develop communication and training materials and deliver training on compensation programs
- Participate in cross-functional projects as needed
- Monitor compensation trends and best practices
- Responsible for participating in annual salary surveys; gathering current market data information
You should have:
- 5 plus years of compensation experience
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with compensation benchmarking and survey data
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Adept at managing multiple tasks concurrently (planned and unplanned)
- Attention to detail
- Experience in FLSA compliance preferred
- CCP would be a plus
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.