Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Developer Experience
We are reinventing global trade.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team that focuses on improving developer pipelines and integrating changes more frequently. The team is responsible for our delivery pipeline infrastructure. We develop the CI/CD paved path, which makes service integration and deployment easier. Developers can use this infrastructure to own and integrate their services. The team defines and supports various deployment models (Blue-Green, Canary, Rolling) as well as release orchestration and automation gates (image scanning, dependency checks, testing, production readiness, SDLC best practices and policies). Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We have begun deploying services to the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) and want to continue helping our developers use this infrastructure to own and integrate their services.
What you’ll do:
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, and automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, and deliver their services as quickly and easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify and resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8S.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines and creating reproducible builds from development to production.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
- Experience with K8S and CI/CD tools, including the benefits and challenges.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to learn more about internal movement at Flexport? Check out this page!