Build the programs to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to enable 100% automation in global trade by building robust data integrations between Flexport’s core platform and our customer, supplier, and carrier systems.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
We are looking for a Solutions Manager to join our team who will own the end to end lifecycle of delivering data integration projects and programs, driving our Solutions and Engineering team to deliver robust and scalable integrations in a timely manner - delighting our stakeholders while building trust and credibility.
- Be accountable for complex projects that are broad in scope, and often bring ambiguous program areas into clear definition for your team and peers.
- Manage multiple integration projects simultaneously, working with cross-functional internal stakeholders such as Operations, Product, and Engineering, as well as external partners, carriers and/or customers.
- Create project plans, setting appropriate milestones in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and demonstrate the ability to navigate difficult conversations.
- Plan for project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Produce clear and concise artifacts for communicating status, progress, issues and risks.
- Identify blockers or issues impacting projects and escalate as needed.
- Help the team understand critical paths and prioritize work.
- Ensure adherence to our standard delivery protocol, and improve upon our processes.
- Be an agent of change management, helping to scale our team and our ability to deliver quality integrations with speed and impeccable customer service.
You should have:
- 5+ years of technical project management experience, ideally in a SaaS Professional Services environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or relevant work experience.
- PMP certification.
- Experience managing large-scale, cross-functional programs, ideally related to enterprise systems, EDI, flat file or API integrations.
- Understanding of technology architecture concepts, software and product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities; expertise in managing change throughout projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets (or MS Excel), Google Slides (or MS PowerPoint).
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in logistics and supply chain field.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum processes.
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence, Smartsheets, and Miro.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.