Build a world class support organization
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern technology, on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Flexport's applications in the logistics space support a broad user base, comprising both internal logistics operators as well as our external clients and partners. Additionally, Flexport offers public APIs to external developers and offers integrations for our clients and customers.
We're looking for a senior support leader to build and scale a support function, supporting all of Flexport’s technology offerings that power global trade. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who has experience building new support teams, structures, and processes. You’ll play a pivotal leadership role in defining and maintaining the support team’s metrics and KPIs and in leading the day-to-day operations of our Support teams.
- Design and implement the vision and strategy for the Support org which includes setting short, mid, and long-term goals, establishing clear SLAs, selecting the right technological tools, and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Lead and grow the scope and scale of existing Application Support, API Support, and Integration support teams, driving synergies between various functions and creating economies of scale.
- Drive the evaluation and the successful deployment of a best in class Support tools and technologies.
- Leverage prior experience and best practices to scale support functions offshore.
- Recruit, train, coach, and guide the support team members and managers.
- Establish strong cross-functional alignment and collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure teams, with clearly defined processes and expectations.
- Partner closely with senior leadership to ensure the support function is closely aligned with wider organizational goals.
- Create and improve processes for effectively analyzing support metrics & KPIs, along with user feedback, and presenting to key stakeholder groups and the company at large.
You should have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Support role in a company providing SaaS solutions or another type of software company.
- Minimum 3 years in a senior leadership role in a support organization.
- Direct experience having successfully scaled a support organization using an offshore staffing model.
- Experience evaluating and leading the deployment of support systems such as Service-Now, Zendesk, Salesforce, JIRA Service desk, or similar.
- Experience in scaling organizations and processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, concise and clear
- Metrics oriented and customer satisfaction driven
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of an $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions, and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.