At Flexport, our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We do this by bringing together people who are passionate about using technology to transform cross border logistics to make it more transparent, more agile, and more efficient. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Join Flexport’s Technology Strategy team to establish and lead Technical Writing across our portfolio of software products. You will lead our internal and external technical content strategy, organization, and delivery. You have the right mix of business and technical skills to understand our business and products, translate key topics into structured and sustainable content for our customers, operations, and team members in product, design, and engineering. You partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop content and select the best medium for the target audience.
- Architect our tech content strategy, decide on the best communication mediums, and establish a framework and team to execute
- Own our outbound product content including online help, release notes, and strategic articles
- Own how our teams structure and share internal content that drives tech strategy communication, product development document, and product enablement
- Set standards and mechanisms in our technical writing tone, format, and style
- Lead projects with other technical writers and contractors
You should have:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical writing
- At least 5 years of experience in technology companies - enterprise software companies preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love for getting the details right and presenting it consistently
- Startup scrappiness, be able to operate independently to build and execute new programs and initiatives
- Strong planning and execution skills. You know how to prioritize, manage projects, set expectations, and know when we need to hire or pull in temporary staff to get the job done.
- An ability to describe complex technical capabilities in a way that the audience can understand
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.