Build the processes to help Flexport be compliant
Our Ocean Freight Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As an Ocean Freight Fulfillment Manager, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for a team member based in our Hong Kong office, responsible for different trades that we are focusing on. Candidates will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Be an operational leader:
- Strong leader with expert ocean industrial knowledge
- Maintain and develop long term relationship with carriers; drive our regional strategic carrier relationships
- Manage and optimize overall space utilisation
- Lead and monitor the performance of a small team to achieve OKRs
- Collaborate with trade lane management team for carrier strategies and revenue maximization
- Fulfillment Management Tool (FMT) features development and enhancement
- Be part of developing our technology for fulfilling demand across the region
- Identify process improvement opportunities and execute against them
- Maintain good connections within the team and with other functional teams - client solutions team, supply chain operations team and Partnerships team
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- Minimum 8 years of experience at a startup, top consulting firm, an NVOCC pricing, procurement or operations team or in a supply-chain role, hands on experience of Transpacific trade is a plus; also open to candidates from other industries as well. We are trying to diversify our team!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.