Design the products that power global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Design Operations Manager to help increase our operational excellence. We want to continuously improve the way we communicate and work within the team, and with the rest of the organization. From onboarding to running design events, the Design Operations Manager will have a significant impact on our team’s effectiveness and impact at Flexport. You’ll be a leader within the design team and an advocate for Design and Research at Flexport.
- Understand Flexport’s product landscape
- Build and maintain the Design Ops roadmap
- Drive ways to improve team and company-wide visibility into team projects
- Create and manage a pipeline for design reviews
- Lead initiatives to attract design and research talent to Flexport
- Help continuously improve onboarding of design team members
- Create and manage roster of design & research professional development programs
- Organize team activities aimed at fostering a sense of community
- Create and manage list of outside design & research consultants
- Assist in maintaining design and research budget
- Assist in maintaining job leveling documents and associated job descriptions
- Assist in refining Flexport design processes - from cross-team collaboration to reviews
- Assist in headcount planning and team budgeting
You should have:
- Must have 3+ years of Design Operations Program Management experience on a product design team
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
- Solid understanding of product design teams and process
- Adept at building relationships with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Demonstrated experience developing OKRs, pipelines for sharing and critiquing design work, and executive design reviews
- Comfortable with ambiguity and malleable workflows
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.