Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a Senior Reporting Analyst to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexport’s success - creating transparency of company’s performance, financials, risks and internal controls, and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
Reporting into the Assistant Controller, you will support the financial reporting team and be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of external reporting, technical accounting research and ad hoc projects, etc.
- Assist with preparing SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks to ensure that the financial statements adhere to GAAP and SEC regulations and requirements
- Provide support to business partners, including FP&A, Treasury, Tax and Legal, in the preparation of other filings, including the proxy statement, earnings release 8-Ks, and other filings
- Maintain and execute proper procedures to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist with the analysis and implementation of new accounting and SEC regulations
- Assist in process improvements and ad-hoc projects, including utilizing technology to automate current reports and developing new analysis to understand the business
You should have:
- A Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of working experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) and/or in a publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- High attention to detail and problem-solving ability with a keen focus on continuous improvement
- Prioritization skills and the ability to execute on deliverables in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- A willingness to embrace and drive changes
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.