Build the world’s best solution for answering the question “where’s my stuff?”
Flexport’s Visibility Service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global platform for trade. The Visibility team delivers universal visibility of freight across transportation modes (Ocean, Air, Rail, Truck, Barget, etc.) with the ease of a Google search. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but a true global operating system for trade.
Flexport’s Air Freight Forwarding business is growing and to better serve it and build an industry-leading service for others, the Visibility team is hiring a Product Manager specifically for the air freight tracking.
- Reporting to the Group Product Manager for Visibility, you will solve a fundamental customer need in a complex, fragmented domain, answering the questions “Where’s my stuff?” and “How’s my stuff doing?” for air freight shipments.
- Coordinate and prioritize the roadmap between Engineering, Business Operations, and Customer needs.
- Deepen relationships with Air carriers, integrators, and other sources of data to help track air freight automatically and with high integrity
- Leverage the team’s domain knowledge of freight forwarding and global logistics to define, refine, test, deploy, and support the Visibility services that we deliver to our external and internal customers.
- Collaborate and engage both with your internal peers and the larger logistics community to deepen your domain knowledge and help evangelize our service.
You should have:
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, how to relate the shipping of specific features all the way up to the company’s financial health, and the ability to articulate the reasons why certain software investments are necessary
- Relentlessly data-driven. The Visibility team’s product is data and you will be expected to eat, drink, and breathe the data from your domain
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a product development team with many cross-team dependencies and impacts.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you deliver great work!
- Strong communication skills - you can write clearly, speak intelligently, and bring stakeholders along as you craft a story
- Play the Long Game - You can see around corners and plan 18-24 months ahead in terms of what needs to get built so the business accomplishes its objectives. You relentlessly defend your roadmap from distractions and can stay the course
- Bias for Action - you rarely wait for explicit permission to do things and are internally driven to start work with little guidance
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.