Build the platform that powers global trade
As a Senior Product Manager on our Invoicing & Accounts Receivable team, you’ll help us drive innovative initiatives that help serve and improve the order-to-cash aspects of our business. You bring strong business thinking and curiosity to a complex domain and strive to make the most intelligent systems in the industry. You are excited and driven by continuously optimizing complex problems in a measured way. You are incredibly well-versed at driving alignment across a complex landscape with data and facts, yet open to learn from and teach industry veterans. Ultimately, you’ll help us build one of the most complex managed marketplaces in an industry that’s ripe for innovation.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a customer first roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology.
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress.
- Write clear, detailed specs and aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute.
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders across the company.
You should have:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- You can deal with ambiguity - given an open ended task, you deliver great work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical background - you can discuss trade-offs with engineers.
- Great with data: you can run your own SQL queries and go deep in trying to understand the meaning behind the numbers.
- Embody the startup mindset: driven, bias towards action, move fast, make things happen.
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity.
- Ability to manage a highly complex set of products in a complex domain.
- Experience scaling in hyper growth mode.
- Bonus: You have worked on a logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise marketplace product
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.