Exciting Advisory Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Senior Trade Advisory Associate to join our Trade Advisory team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping our clients navigate the complex web of global trade alongside some of the smartest people in the advisory, customs and logistics industries as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce friction in global trade.
- Do whatever it takes to help our clients to resolve trade related questions and problems.
- Research trade related matters such as tariff classification, valuation, country of origin, trade remedies, and free trade agreements.
- Prepare client deliverables including memos and presentations.
- Monitor client deadlines and prepare submissions to CBP.
- Maintain active communication with clients, CBP and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively stay informed on the latest CBP and OGA regulations, ruling issuances, and industry trends that are relevant to our clients.
- Take ownership of preparing internal and external trade related communications.
- Support Trade Advisory infrastructure and administrative requirements.
You should have:
- BA/BS required
- Licensed Customs Broker or J.D. or graduate degree required
- 4-7 years trade compliance experience working in house, at customs brokerage, or at a consulting firm required.
- A fundamental understanding of tariff classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information.
- Ability to navigate complex rules and regulations.
- Ability to manage clients independently
- Ability to work cross functionally and manage multiple client projects at once
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite and Google equivalents.
- Mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.