Build the Infrastructure to power global trade
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With 13 offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of making global trade easier for everyone. At Flexport you’ll develop systems that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer, you will use your Kubernetes expertise to help us transition to k8s. We’re currently running on ECS but with our recent migration to SOA, we’re starting to push the limits. We want to build a modern k8s stack - running 10s of services, service mesh, observability, terraform, etc.
In addition, you’d also act as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer on the team - which involves maintaining and growing our infra stack, CI/CD pipelines, and related monitoring/alerting. You will work alongside our product engineers to improve the developer experience and production infrastructure.
What you’ll bring:
We’re looking for an experienced Kubernetes Engineer with:
- 2+ years of relevant k8s experience
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience in Linux environments
- Demonstrable programming skills with Ruby, Python, or Java
- Strong attention to detail and a love for diagnosing complex problems
- Experience monitoring k8s clusters
- Experience with service meshes
- Experience with relevant AWS services like EC2, EKS, S3, RDS, ELB, etc.
Our production stack is in the cloud on AWS. We run multiple EC2 Ubuntu servers connected to various Postgres RDS databases. Our CI/CD pipeline uses a buildkite CloudFormation template to manage an autoscaling cluster responsible for testing and deployment.
For development, we rely heavily on Docker and ECS to provision development, staging and production environments.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexpor
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.