We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As part of our recent growth, we’re looking to hire a Compensation Analyst as part of our Total Rewards team. This role will be an integral member of the Total Rewards team, helping to ensure our compensation programs function effectively and recommending process improvements. You’ll work closely with the broader People and Recruiting teams, plus line managers, to solve People-related business problems.
- Provide compensation support for a dedicated function(s) within the organization
- Partner with the People team and business leaders to craft compensation packages that are internally equitable and externally competitive
- Determine job level and FLSA exemption status for new roles
- Conduct competitive market analyses and participate in compensation surveys
- Assist with administering the annual compensation review cycle
- Maintain our compensation system (Payfactors)
- Deliver training on compensation programs
- Participate in cross-functional projects as needed
- Monitor compensation trends and best practices
You should have:
- 2 plus years of compensation experience
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with compensation benchmarking and survey data
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Adept at managing multiple tasks concurrently (planned and unplanned)
- Attention to detail
- Experience in FLSA compliance preferred
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.