We are reinventing global trade. Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator. With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you will share your day with passionate and resourceful team mates.
We’re looking for a Field Marketing Associate for Europe. This critical field role, based in our Amsterdam (Europe HQ) offices, will be responsible for delighting our customers and prospects with engaging pipeline generating and accelerating experiences across a broad spectrum of events. Success will be measured by sourced and influenced pipeline, as well as program ROI.
You will work closely with the Marketing teams based in Amsterdam and San Francisco. But also with our Sales, Operations, People (HR) teams and Europe Leadership to further build our footprint in Europe. An exciting time to join Flexport as this is a unique opportunity to join our amazing team and leading the way to growth!
What you’ll do
- Reporting to the EMEA Senior Marketing Manager: you will Manage all Field marketing activities within Europe. Including, but not limited to:
- Create and deliver incredible events to delight our customers and prospects, as well as build and influence pipeline.
- Own Flexport’s full calendar of public or client-facing events, year-round, from idea to execution in Europe.
- Scout, book and host events where Flexport can reach target audiences and identified customers and prospects.
- Manage the production and distribution of collateral and swag for every event or show.
- Maintain lasting, strong relationships between many vendors and trade show organizers
- Conduct in-depth event evaluation, budget reconciliation and lead follow-up.
- From start to finish lead various event formats, which include: executive speaking engagements for our European leaders and industry experts; Flexport appearances or booths at trade shows & conferences; VIP client and partner events, salons, and workshops, industry events etc.
- Work closely with key Flexport stakeholders, including Marketing, PR, Design, and Sales to promote events across channels.
- Establish strategic campaigns for events to further develop relationships with prospects / existing clients and help expedite the sales cycle.
- Manage and report ROI and metrics.
What you’ll need:
- A creative vision for creating premium brand experiences.
- A passion for connecting people in our industry with expertise relevant to their work.
- 3+ years of experience in field marketing or event management with direct, hands-on experience planning, organizing and executing live events.
- A commitment to delivering great experiences to our prospects and clients: you’re not above helping with event set-up and tear-down, coordinating last-minute details on site, or troubleshooting problems in the moment to keep everything running smoothly.
- Clear and precise communication.
- Availability to support evening and weekend events as necessary to ensure success (within reason).
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- A can-do attitude.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.