A place to do your best work
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We are looking for an experienced leader to help us build and scale our sales and account management functions. In this role, you will be designing and implementing core go-to-market initiatives that support our global revenue function. You will provide structure and process that drives efficiency and growth.
- Own the design and implementation of Flexport’s most critical go-to-market processes and initiatives. Sample initiatives include:
- Designing, testing, and implementing a well-defined customer trial process
- Refining our account coverage model for scale
- Optimizing sales territories and building the ongoing process
- Developing a churn mitigation process
- Develop and own Rules of Engagement for sales and account management functions
- Manage ongoing centralized sales and account management initiatives, working closely with our sales and account management leaders
You should have:
- A strong work ethic and ability to navigate and thrive in fast-changing work environments. You are a self starter.
- 8+ years experience in operational roles, or related experience in management consulting. Experience working with sales and account management teams is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to break down complex problems into the key levers that need to be fixed.
- Proven project management skills, with success owning complicated cross-functional programs and projects to timelines and budgets.
- Collaborative approach to getting things done; ability to work cross-functionally and align stakeholders around common goals.
- Executive-level presence with excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels in the organization.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.