Build the operational excellence to help Flexport grow
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Head of Operational Excellence to join our growing team and lead across the company to launch new business initiatives. We are looking for someone to serve as the North America lead of strategic operational programs and projects to build a team and work across the organization to deliver sustained and impactful improvements.
- You will deliver customer-oriented scalable operations improvements from design to implementation
- Drive results by leveraging continuous improvement tools, consulting skills, and change management processes across the organization such as operational and transactional processes for demand, supply, G&A, product development, quality assurance and customer service
- Set up and run the Program and Project Management Office (PMO)
- Partner with EMEA and Asia Operational Excellence leadership to plan, orchestrate and execute global, regional, and local strategies
- Establish a professional team of program and project managers to orchestrate and drive execution of key initiatives
- Develop measurement and tracking system to be used for each program and project from inception to delivery, including a communication cadence of status, cross functional dependencies, and proposing options to mitigate risks and drive critical path issue resolution
- Execute your own high visibility programs and projects requiring you to be able to deep dive into process and operations to deliver measurable lasting results
- Lead internal communication rhythm to effectively provide updates to senior stakeholders of key issues and blockers that may impact business objective attainment or critical program and project completion
You should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in business management, engineering or related disciplines
- 10+ years of work experience with leadership experience in consulting including implementation follow through, program management and project management
- Freight forwarding operations experience a big plus
- Affinity with problems on the intersection of organizational design, process, people and technology
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations
- Excellent communication, project management, consulting, and influencing skills
- Strong analytical, data and process background
- Ability to zoom out to strategy and zoom into detail
- An empowerment and enablement mindset building a support function and pillar to enable our client success and operations teams to serve our clients
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to execute on deliverables
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization to initiate and drive change
- Ability to lead and motivate a globally distributed functional team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation