Help us scale our Compliance team!
The global supply chain is one of the most heavily regulated industries for all parties involved. Everyone from the carriers, intermediaries, trucking companies, 3rd party logistics, freight forwarders, shippers, consignees, importers, exporters and brokers face a challenging and complex task of navigating through a myriad of laws from the originating country, destination country as well as international treatises and conventions. A robust, pro-active compliance program is a key factor for guaranteeing the success of any logistics company.
As part of Flexport’s compliance department, we will partner with the business to create programs, establish policies, implement best practices, monitor for potential violations, guide operations on compliance issues, train the organization on regulatory and trade topics and serve as subject matter experts, becoming a strategic ally in growing our company in a compliant and sustainable manner. Flexport is one of the few logistics companies that truly recognizes the importance of compliance and how compliance will enable us to achieve our mission: Making global trade easier for everyone.
As a compliance squad operations associate, you will work daily with operational squads and other G&A functions in guiding day to day operational questions. While everyone knows what the law(s) is/are, often times, the application of them for real life-situations become challenging. Your role would take your compliance knowledge and “translate” that to operations, acting as a liason between the compliance department and squads.
- Manage day-to-day compliance operations in Europe, including detailed auditing to ensure adherence to European regulations and participating in internal and external compliance calls to promote best practice
- Monitor and audit shipment compliance through daily audits of various agency requirements, such as AEO, RA etc
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to drive ongoing compliance excellence
- Streamline processes for our clients, vendors and partners globally
- Continuously drive to deliver on our promise of “Free Trade Through Technology”
- Support the internal training for Flexport EU employees
- Identify and evolve compliance KPIs to meet changing government requirements
- Administrative support and record retention, such as trainings, projects and audits
- Complete special projects to support various Supply, Demand and naturally the compliance team as necessary
- You will be an integral part of delivering on our Team Mission:“Foster a business-oriented compliance culture by empowering Flexport and our clients with practical risk-mitigating solutions”
You should have:
- BA/BS degree, up to 2 years experience in a compliance and/or audit function
- Superior organizational talent - you love dotting i’s and crossing t’s
- You master to-do-lists and love marking off checkboxes
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- You are a master at running excel; entering and analyzing compliance data
- Love of red-tape and fine print is your favorite nighttime reading
- You execute on your projects independently and on-time
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love to work as an integral part of a global cross functional team that
- Serve many clients, internal and external, with competing priorities and
- Practice candor to question the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
- Insane can-do attitude who loves to come in on ground level and help build an empire
- Fluent English. Additional European language is a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.