A place to do your best work
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet. Started in 2013, we've now raised $1.3B from investors including Peter Thiel of Founders Fund, Softbank, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Felicis Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
With a heavy focus on data-driven execution, our Business Operations team supports key leadership around the company to identify opportunities and risks that will have future financial impact. Successful team members can connect trends across teams and help coordinate those projects to completion while maintaining strong business partner relationships.
- Assist senior leadership around the company to identify strategic initiatives and coordinate projects to address these opportunities / risks.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify and define key metrics.
- Develop and standardize reporting across orgs to educate and influence key stakeholders.
- Work with data analytics to enable KPI tracking, reporting, and insights.
- Lead strategy sessions and follow up of actions to ensure accountability.
- Be a strong, influential voice to ensure we are tracking against our key initiatives.
You should have:
- 4+ years in a Bizops or related role (FP&A / consulting / banking / data science)
- Previous SQL knowledge / usage is required
- Experience leading and scaling operations for mission critical business units
- Track record of applying creative thinking and analysis to solve business needs in ambiguous environments. Must have experience implementing operational rigor and programs across organizations
- Proven success leading and developing business strategies and plans resulting in measurable outcomes
- Experience leading highly visible strategic initiatives capabilities
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.