Build the programs to help Flexport grow
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
- Develop a clear product vision, strategy and roadmap for warehousing at Flexport together with business and engineering counterparts, from zero to one
- Partner with business leads to become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market and competitive landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Learn directly from field users to deeply understand their problems on the ground and drive the development of innovative solutions
- Write clear, detailed specs and aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders across the company
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Define and drive structured integrations with third-party systems when necessary
- 20% travel involved in this role
You should have:
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within a startup environment
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines. Execution is key in this role
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results
- Crystal clear communication skills and can make sure everybody from a business and technical perspective is on the same page
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong business acumen to learn the industry, find product market fit and drive results
- A passion for design and building simple, usable products
- Technical competence. Might not be an expert, but has experience working with engineers
- Experience in an e-commerce, supply chain, or similar setting
- Experience coordinating complex process rollouts across multiple business units
Where you’ll work:
Our Chicago office is located in the Fulton Market District just a few blocks from the Morgan Green line Station. Inside a few block radius you’ll find Emporium, Aviary, Stumptown Coffee and myriad of other high end restaurants and bars as well as neighborhood spots. We’re dog-friendly and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.