Grow our Air Freight Network in Asia.
Flexport is the Modern Freight Forwarder. We're building an operating system for global trade that gives people across the globe the ability to trade freely without regard for boundaries or borders. As an Air Freight Procurement Associate you will help us scale by partner across pricing, compliance, operations, finance and sales to build out our air freight partnerships and capabilities.
- Consolidate new business requests and requests for quotation for Air shipments originating in Asia
- Procure rates for these requests with a network of partners (truckers, airlines, etc…) that Flexport uses and make them available to Flexport global operations team across the world in our core software
- Work with Asia procurement team to develop new services / open new trade-lanes and make them available in our core software to Flexport teams
- Track our response time on all client requests, propose and implement solutions to improve the service to our customers
- Monitor our competitiveness versus market and work with procurement teams to improve our service and rate offering versus competitors
- Contribute to the design and development of new tools to automatically price our customer requests using data science / machine learning techniques
You should have:
- High level of energy and dedication (the work will be intense and can entail working long / odd hours across multiple global teams)
- Extremely strong analytical skills (Background in Engineering, Mathematics / Finance / Economics a plus)
- Full fluency in Excel and modeling/database management (VBA fluency a plus)
- Full fluency in English. Fluency in Mandarin / Cantonese strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very structured and organised with next-level attention to detail.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.