We're looking for our first Senior Inland & Intermodal Transport Procurement Associate to help us building a network in Europe and grow our presence and business.
- In concert with European Trucking Manager, develop procurement strategy for the German market to ensure Flexport has high quality capacity to support our rapid growth
- Work with operations teams, clients, partners, truckers, ports and airlines to help move freight for our clients, on time and in perfect condition
- Support sales on quotations for cartage, drayage, FTL/LTL, rail and barge
- Support set up, administration, optimization and coordination of cartage, drayage, FTL/LTL, rail and barge transportation Service Level Agreement, Standard Operational Procedures and contracts with carriers
- Own and manage carrier QBR preparation based on performance, volume and turnover
- Drive carrier adoption of Flexport’s trucking technology.
You should have:
- Deep understanding of the German Intermodal transportation market
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar, relevant area of study (CPIM-CLTD or equivalent related certification/education is a plus)
- 5+ years of prior experience in the Logistics/Transportation industry with focus on intermodal truck, rail and barge
- Experience conducting market research, using reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement
- Experience in both strategic thinking and ground floor execution — no job is too big or too small
- Demonstrated ability to establish appropriate goals, metrics and plans to achieve organizational objectives
- The ability to demonstrate a drive for action, a high level of professionalism, good judgment/decision making and an appropriate level of assertiveness and ambition.
- Excellent language skills: fluency in German in speech and writing, and English abilities at negotiation level as a minimum.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.