Help Flexport build a network in Europe.
We're looking for our first Senior Inland & Intermodal Transport Procurement Associate to help us building a network in Europe and grow our presence and business.
- In concert with European Trucking Manager Develop procurement strategy to ensure Flexport has high quality capacity to support our rapid growth
- You support cartage, drayage, FTL/LTL, rail and barge transportation optimization to maximize service reduce cost and complexity
- You have extensive and deep understanding of the German Intermodal market and its local markets
* you support in developing and implementing the intermodal/ground strategy for Germany in line with Flexport standards
* you have experience in setting-up tailor made solutions for clients
* you versed in serving clients (internal/external)
* you established and trusted network of partners in all sub regions
* ideally, you worked at a large FFW with extensive network coverage, best in class processes and competitive service offerings.
* runs and supports on RFQs and spot request
- You work with other operations teams, clients, partners, truckers, ports and airlines to help move freight for our clients; on time and in perfect condition
- You own and manage carrier administrative on-boarding process through Core
- You own and manage carrier pricing administration through marketplace
- You support squads and sales on quotations for cartage, drayage, FTL/LTL, rail and barge
- You coordinate cartage, drayage, FTL/LTL, rail and barge transportation activities
- You evaluate and supports improvement of transport co-ordination
- You establish and monitor goals & metrics aimed at continual improvement; you utilize existing and you develop incremental metrics to ensure customer service and operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as achieving organizational OKRs
- You support set up, administration, optimization and co-ordination of cartage, drayage, FTL/LTL, rail and barge transportation Service Level Agreement, Standard Operational Procedures and contracts with carriers
- You ensure the performance of all carriers meets the expectations of Flexport International
- You own and manage carrier QBR preparation based on
- You participate in periodic carrier QBR´s
- You are responsible for transportation complaints process and takes appropriate action to resolve issues (root cause analysis, CAPA etc) in collaboration with stakeholders (squads and more)
- You work with Legal and Insurance on transport claims to mitigate Flexport International impact from transportation issues
- You ensure internal (squads) and carrier compliance with all import/export corporate and governmental regulations.
- You monitor, report and manage transportation expenses and freight revenue lines to insure plans and targets are achieved through Periscope
- Understands and audits potential carrier billing processes and ensures invoice approval meets Flexport International requirements
- Reports expense per carrier and revenue per customer to determine the transportation costs percentage of sales on a monthly basis.
- You drive carrier adoption of Flexport’s trucking technology
- You reinforce and role model the Corporate Values (Empowering Client, Playing the long Game, Filling the Gap, Practicing Candor and Embracing Change)
- You perform other duties as assigned.
You should have:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar relevant area of study (such as CPIM-CLTD or equivalent related certification/education) is a plus
- You have 5+ years of prior experience as a Supply Chain Solutions Analyst in the Logistics/Transportation industry
- You have experience in building complex data models on Excel, developing macros is a must and prior SQL knowledge is a plus (added experience in Python a plus)
- You have experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement
- You have experience in working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for transportation would be a plus
- You show strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- You have exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures.
- You have a solid experience in shipping/transportation in a carriers or shippers environment
- You demonstrated ability to establish appropriate goals, metrics, data and plans to achieve organizational objectives
- You must be able to demonstrate a drive for action, a high level of professionalism, good judgment/decision making and an appropriate level of assertiveness and ambition.
- You have good language skills, German fluent in speech and writing, English at negotiation level as a minimum.
- You are data driven.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.