We’re growing rapidly, and with the expanding capabilities of our platform, we can offer more air freight solutions to our customers. As we enter our next phase of growth, we are looking for a driven, intellectually curious and sales minded Business Development Manager to help us grow our air freight volumes with customers located in the US, on the East Coast. As one of a select number of business development professionals on the team, you’ll have a greenfield opportunity to help grow our portfolio of customers who use Flexport for their air freight demand. You will partner with Account Executives in your territory, as well as leverage your knowledge and experience.
- Proactively partner with Flexport Account Executives to jointly consult with clients and develop solutions for their air freight needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport’s air freight solutions through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Take a supporting role in training all sales and operations staff in your region on how to develop solutions for our clients’ air freight requirements
- Negotiate and close new air freight opportunities in partnership with the account executive
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
You should have:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role at a leading international freight forwarder
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- A passion for pursuing new and bold ideas within the context of business priorities
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Experience problem-solving within multi-faceted and complex systems
- Experience negotiating with third-party providers of products and services
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Where you’ll work:
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.