Are you an experienced Intelligence Analyst who enjoys conducting web-based research and producing analytic reports, briefings, and tactical alerts in a fast-paced, product-driven environment while being a part of a global team that covers all corners of the world? As a member of the Global Intelligence team you will support customers across a wide array of industries to help them with intel for crisis management, natural disaster response, crime analysis, and emergency action planning.
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, fraud, physical threats, and more. Leading security practitioners—including physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams—rely on the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, comprising open source (OSINT) and closed intelligence, to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if:
- You have worked in intelligence, law enforcement (criminal intelligence), physical, corporate, or executive security operations.
- You can navigate, pivot, and use link analysis to identify threats across multiple social media platforms.
- You have coordinated or have experience conducting online threat actor/person of interest (POI) investigations.
- You have a strong understanding or knowledge of extremist and/or criminal real-world and online TTPs, underground slang, and operations.
- You have an in-depth understanding of social and political movements and their effects on extremism, crime, and geopolitics.
- You possess the ability to operate in a fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- You can operate semi-autonomously to conduct collection operations, create solutions, and support intelligence production following standard operating procedures and operational security protocols.
- You have the flexibility to cover occasional weekend or holiday on-call requests.
What you will get to do on our team:
- Review and leverage our proprietary tools, internal data sources, and external tools to synthesize data and enhance analysis/alerting services for our clients operational needs
- Interact with our internal teams and customers to produce concise, written analysis, and/or visual presentation of findings to help the proactively identify threats to reduce risk to client businesses, networks, and operations.
- quickly understand and deliver company and customer intelligence requirements
- Write high-quality tactical and strategic assessments to inform risk intelligence decision-making process
- synthesize raw data to identify the credibility of information and deduce relevance to the client base.
- nominate new collection sources in support of Flashpoint collections.
- create keywords/patterns to highlight high signal data within Flashpoint tools.
- understand and articulate security safeguards required to perform job responsibilities.
- safely navigate virtual environments for supporting assigned tasks, as applicable.
- comply with Flashpoint org-wide and Intel team policies and procedures, including Rules of Engagement
It would be nice to have experience with:
- Foreign language proficiency in Spanish, French, German, Russian, Hebrew, or Arabic
- Experience or knowledge of conducting and producing physical threat risk assessments
- Experience conducting online background investigations
- Experience in a cyber and/or physical threat intelligence organization, including military, law enforcement, intelligence community, or commercial.
What you will achieve:
- Within 30 days
- You will have been fully onboarded and integrated into a team of professional intelligence analysts and assigned a mentor to guide you through your initial journey at Flashpoint. Your team will have provided you with access, resources, and training necessary to begin tackling deliverables.
- Within 60 days
- You will have completed onboarding and familiarized yourself with internal team operations.
- You will have developed a robust understanding of customer intelligence requirements and initiated relevant research related to the delivery of client deliverables.
- By 90 days
- You will have carried out your own investigations in support of intelligence requirements and drafted and published the findings from these initial investigations within Flashpoint intelligence platform.
- You will have become familiar with teams outside of your own team and begun building working relationships to assist you in becoming successful in your career.
- You will be completely comfortable with handling day-to-day deliverables and tasks on your own and become confident in your abilities to work independently or on a team.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Understanding of the Intelligence Cycle and intelligence requirements.
- You live and work in a regional timezone within -2 to +2 hours of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Experience in open source research techniques, including navigating social media platforms and conducting online footprint investigations.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with the ability to rapidly and accurately break down technical topics and effectively assess and communicate risks and potential impacts to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to perform tasks autonomously in a work-from-home environment.
- Familiarity with the online or real-world operations of one of the following communities:
- Domestic or international extremist groups
- Organized crime gangs
- Human or narcotics trafficking organizations
- Exposure to physical, executive, or corporate security operations
Base Pay Range: £60,000.00-£68,000.00 plus bonus and benefits
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity culture. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that everyone and their experiences contribute to building a work environment, products, and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion groups, Donut mixers, local team member meetups, and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy, and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives, and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths, whether that be toward being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain a breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.