Are you an experienced threat hunter with Russian-language skills that enjoys helping others navigate the cyber threat landscape while being a part of a global team that covers all corners of the world?
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, fraud, physical threats, and more. Leading security practitioners—including physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams—rely on the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, comprising open source (OSINT) and closed intelligence, to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if:
- Are able to effectively execute tasks and responsibilities independently, while collaborating with other team members on more complex tasks.
- Have an advanced understanding of cyber threat groups within the context of Russian geopolitics.
- Have an intermediate-level understanding of scripting languages and command line interfaces and experience using these tools to manipulate and format large datasets.
- Have experience tracking cybercriminal, hacktivist, and/or state-sponsored malicious cyber campaigns and mapping the activity to the Mitre ATT&CK framework.
- Possess an advanced understanding of network and telecommunications technologies and topologies.
- Have detailed knowledge of communications platforms in which cyber threat actors operate and a willingness to engage.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Russian geopolitics and fluency in the Russian language.
- Have a strong ability to produce accurate investigations and key judgments for inclusion in finished intelligence reports.
- Possess a high level of motivation, a positive attitude, and a strong willingness to be a self-starter and learn new skills.
- Have strong communication and presentation skills and a willingness to use these skills to communicate ideas, findings, and analyses to wider audiences.
What you will get to do on our team
- Support client deliverables and intelligence requirements within set deadlines.
- Produce quality analytic judgments that provide additional context to clients.
- Leverage Flashpoint proprietary tools and systems to support assigned tasks.
- Leverage external tools to synthesize data and enhance analysis/alerting services.
- Synthesize raw data to identify the credibility of information and deduce relevance to the client base.
- Nominate new collection sources in support of Flashpoint collections.
- Create keywords/patterns to highlight high signal data within Flashpoint tools.
- Understand and articulate security safeguards required to perform job responsibilities.
- Propose new content for blog posts, with supervisor review.
- Safely navigate virtual environments for supporting assigned tasks, as applicable.
- Comply with Flashpoint org-wide and Intel team policies and procedures, including Rules of Engagement
- Act as lead for internal subject matter expert projects and initiatives
- Support intelligence requirements gathering and identify collection gaps for respective teams.
- Maintain a nuanced understanding of Flashpoint’s collections systems operations.
- Follow established internal procedures for closing collection gaps.
- Peer reviews finished intelligence products for analytical accuracy.
- Presents at community calls as directed by the supervisor.
- Document team-specific processes/procedures, as directed by the supervisor.
- Facilitate job-specific guidance to new and junior members of the team.
What you will achieve
Within 30 days
- You will have been fully onboarded and integrated into a team of professional intelligence analysts and assigned a mentor to guide you through your initial journey at Flashpoint. Your team will have provided you with access, resources, and training necessary to begin tackling deliverables.
Within 60 days
- You will have become familiarized with all of Flashpoints processes and become comfortable with taking on additional tasks and deliverables.
By 90 days
- You will have carried out your own investigations in support of intelligence requirements and drafted and published the findings from these initial investigations within Flashpoint intelligence platform.
- You will have become familiar with teams outside of your own team and begun building working relationships to assist you to become successful in your career.
- You will have become completely comfortable with handling day-to-day deliverables and tasks on your own and become proficient in your abilities to work without supervision or on a team.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Knowledge of the Mitre ATT&CK framework.
- Experience with investigating and triaging cyber threats.
- In-depth knowledge of the Russian cyber threat landscape.
- Experience with scripting languages and task automation.
- Ability to create data visualizations using Looker and LucidChart.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Base Pay Range: $100,000/yr. - $120,000/yr plus bonus
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion groups, Donut mixers, local team member meetups, and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy, and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives, and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain a breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.