Flashpoint is the globally trusted leader in risk intelligence for organizations that demand the fastest, most comprehensive coverage of threatening activity on the internet. From bolstering cyber and physical security, to detecting fraud and insider threats, Flashpoint partners with customers across the private and public sectors to help them rapidly identify threats and mitigate their most critical security risks. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What are we looking for
Our best employees are collaborative and selfless. The right Data Scientist will enjoy working on data, but they will prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They are involved in the full lifecycle of data science: understanding the problem, investigating the data, building the model, testing the model, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
We see it as a prerequisite that candidates possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
What you will do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive improvement of data products.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to enhance our products and data offerings.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to organize and label data.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What you will bring
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a Data Scientist or Data Engineer.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets using tools like Pandas
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams. Able to explain model results to different stakeholders
- Expertise in a machine learning and/or deep learning library: Sklearn, Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.
- Experience with NLP Models: Document classification, Document Similarity, Entity Extraction, Embeddings.
- Experience with pre-trained models and fine-tuning (transfer learning).
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- An experimental mindset and MVP approach.
- An organized work ethic.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right.
What else would be great
- Experience working with deep and dark web data or other analysis of criminal or bad actor activity.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience using web services: BigQuery, Redshift, S3, machine learning APIs, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures with a focus on machine learning.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Looker, Metabase, Matplotlib, Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
Why Flashpoint is a great place to work
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.