Flashpoint delivers Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to empower business units and functions across organizations with a decision advantage over potential threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology and human-powered analysis enable enterprises and public sector organizations globally to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance physical security, assess M&A opportunities, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
For this role, we specifically want software engineers who are interested in bridging the gap between building modular, efficient systems, primarily within cloud-based environments, and working directly with our analysts to collect relevant information from publicly available internet sources. We want candidates who live and breathe both online culture and software development culture.
Below is more about the role we have in mind.
What you will do:
- Nurture, refactor, and expand our systems to handle new, varied data models, while maintaining sensible code abstractions and improving the efficiency of our operations
- Work with analysts to identify important trends from the threat landscape and to explore them
- Evaluate the fluidity, priority, and trends in internet technologies and protocols, and understand their data models well enough to intuit what their value is
- Drive down total time taken for processing (code optimization and refactoring), deployment (smoother CI/CD pipelines), and other SLAs (delivery to clients via our infrastructure)
- Improve our tooling for monitoring the health and efficiency of our systems
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the data challenges we face
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder
What you will bring:
- 1 to 3 years experience contributing to production systems or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Enjoyment for working in a close-knit, highly -communicative and -collaborative team
- A coding personality that excels at debugging and applying glue in engineering gaps
- Experience using headless browsers, Selenium, or the requests and BeautifulSoup Python packages
- An organized work ethic
- Comfort with online communities, the Deep and Dark Web, and social media
- Comfort with writing defensive code that can handle malformed markup, slow network conditions, and edge cases
- Comfort with non-deterministic input
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right
What else would be great:
- Understanding of Layer 7 and the browser application as it relates to web servers, typically learned through front-end and API experience
- Code samples relating to client interaction with third-party applications
- Experience developing or using security tools, or any type of security-oriented background
- Past training in intelligence analysis
- A passion for staying up-to-date on current events, particularly for reporting about cybersecurity, federal law enforcement cases, national security, gaming community tech, and social networking
What we will provide:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, and role responsibilities. Additional perks include health and welfare benefits, 401K, commuter benefits, a well-stocked kitchen, cool cultural initiatives and employee events.