We're looking for a full-time Backend Software Engineer to join us in our mission of bringing the ion Factory OS to next-generation hardware builders around the globe. Are you excited by the opportunity to assist manufacturers working on eVTOLS, rockets, robots, and autonomous vehicles?
With this role, you will join a diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We pride ourselves on being fast learners, quick-thinkers, and agile executors. While a spur-of-the-moment ping pong tournament is occasionally required, our number one priority is always assisting our ion customers with our manufacturing platform. If you want to play a key role in the future of hardware and Industry 4.0, come join us!
- You will own our technical integration strategy and architecture to help manufacturers connect with ION in a faster, easier way than ever seen in manufacturing
- Identify dependencies and limitations between integrations requirements and core product architecture, and work with Product and Engineering to create a robust and connectable architecture
- Develop well-tested, GraphQL mutations and queries to expose the underlying data model to users.
- Convert system integration diagrams, business requirements, and field mappings to triggers, actions, and integrations
- Troubleshoot production issues with integrations, identifying root cause and supporting timely resolution
This role may be a fit for you if you enjoy solving problems with resourceful thinking, collaborating across departments, and flexing your creative muscle.
- Proficiency with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience developing user friendly APIs
- Experience with version control via Git/GitHub
- Familiarity with the AWS services stack
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Experience with unit testing and integration test frameworks (pytest)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical execution
- Has built production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience building enterprise applications
- Experience building manufacturing tools or working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience writing ETL processes
- Experience with GraphQL
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.