Who We Are
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired graphics programmer to join its team. The ideal candidate would have experience in real-time graphics fields and several shipped games. If robust HDR display support, advanced screen-space reflections, ambient occlusion, volumetric fog and virtual texturing excite you, please apply now.
- Contribute significantly to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game
- Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry
- Strong C++ programming and debugging experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft’s Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Xbox One X/S consoles.
- Detailed understanding of basic graphics techniques such as lighting, shadow mapping, light mapping, anti-aliasing, skinning, etc.
- Knowledge of shading languages such as HLSL, GLSL or Metal Shading Language
- Capable of conveying a range of sophisticated technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members
- Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware
- 3+ years industry experience
- Ability to optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform including multi-threading.
- Ability to profile and optimize GPU code
- In-depth knowledge of, and ability to improve upon, modern rendering techniques
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of growing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite
Sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.