Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
A Development Director should be passionate about both process and gaming to provide daily production leadership to the team(s). Development Directors manage project and feature planning, balance scope with capacity, manage prioritization, track progress, implement processes. Specifically:
- They understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to prioritize them.
- They know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors.
- They are a force multiplier for the team and understand how to empower them.
- They are Masters of Work Systems - feature & content pipelines.
What You Will Do:
- Communicate product goals to all team members and align execution to those goals.
- Manage planning in all development stages from pre-production, production, launch, and live.
- Apply project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall, as appropriate for a given project/game/team.
- Employ needed tools for communicating project status, including Shotgun, Jira, PowerBI, Word, Excel (can maintain and build sophisticated spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, etc.
- Drive and document team processes for scope and capacity management across fields and teams, evaluating and evolving as vital to support innovation and improvement.
- Build scenarios and guide the decision-making process.
- Guide teams to achieve our milestones on time and at quality.
- Identify and communicate delivery risks and mitigation plans
- Maintain an environment that encourages creativity
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Experience leading teams, distributed across multiple different time zones.
- Experience operating in a live service/ops environment.
- Experience handling cross-discipline teams and working with vendors and outsourcers.
- Ability to mediate and drive conflict resolution.
- Adept at leading across all levels of an organization.
- Understand the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
- Understand the complexities and requirements of production and how to run them.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.