Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D Character Modeler to work with one of our upcoming project teams. As a Senior Character Modeler, you will be working closely with the Project Art Director to create high quality characters that match the look and feel of the game. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools.
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
What You Will Do:
- You will be expected to create the highest quality 3D models, both hard surface and organic, that adhere to the project’s vision.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to create beautiful and believable assets without sacrificing performance, readability and game play.
- Help establish pipelines for creating real time 3D assets.
- Consistently set a high bar for the modeling team for quality and pace.
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using ZBrush, Maya, and Substance Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- At least two shipped products as a modeler.
- A solid understanding of form, color and lighting.
- Excellent organic and hard surfaced modeling skills with an exceptional understanding of form and silhouette.
- Solid texturing and painting skills including a thorough understanding of physically based rendering.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and the ability to develop or optimize new or existing pipelines.
- Experience as a lead character artist is a plus.
- Experience with character customization systems is a plus.
- Strong creature creation experience or focus is a plus.
- Experience with next generation hair creation (such as Fibermesh or Xgen) a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a great team-player.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to mentor others in the department.
- A passion for making games.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.