Systems Programmer (UE4)
Firaxis Games is seeking a motivated Systems programmer to join our development team. We’re looking for an engineer with a strong foundation in software engineering who enjoys working on a diverse set of challenging problems. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
- Develop high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment.
- Understand user workflows to develop software that is easy to use and improves productivity.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Maintain build stability by tracking, finding, and fixing some of the more difficult bugs that surface during development.
- Optimize builds for memory and performance across many platforms.
- Highly proficient in C++ programming language.
- Comfortable with multi-threading, templates, and optimizing for size as well as speed.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with multiple languages, frameworks and tools a plus.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about games.
- Good team communication skills, able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations
- 1+ years of Unreal Engine 4 experience.
- 3+ years industry experience.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.