2023 Summer Analyst, RBD
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking Summer Analysts for 2023.
Financial Technology Partners is one of the most successful boutique investment banks on Wall Street. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in NYC and London, FT Partners has advised on some of the most meaningful transactions in the high-growth Financial Technology sector in recent years. We offer a full suite of financial and strategic advisory services, including merger and acquisition advisory, private capital raising and capital markets advisory. The Financial Technology sector is a dynamic industry that encompasses the convergence of financial services and technology. We are a 200+ global firm that prides itself on having an extremely collegial and energetic culture. Every member of the organization is expected to meaningfully contribute to the firm’s success. Senior bankers at the firm are formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Evercore and Barclays.
The RBD Summer Analyst internship is a 10-week program that begins in June 2023. Summer Analysts within Research will learn a significant amount about the investment banking process as well as the "in and outs" of the merger and the acquisition and private capital raising processes.
What are the unique opportunities of this role?
This is an unparalleled opportunity working at an elite investment bank. Our research and analysis has been featured on Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, and the Financial Times and is regularly viewed by CEOs and industry leaders. FT Partners' unique insight into FinTech is a direct result of successfully executing hundreds of transactions combined with over 14 years of exclusive focus on the FinTech sector. In this role, you will work side-by-side with deal teams.
- Support high priority business development activities by identifying high growth companies and performing high level valuations and priority assessments
- Research significant M&A and private capital raising transactions and produce high quality / high visibility reports
- Work closely with senior bankers on developing and implementing business development strategies and facilitate dialog with CEO/CFO/Board level contacts
- Research all aspects of private equity firms, including their portfolio companies and investment strategies
- Maintain proprietary database records and identify potential new business opportunities
- Gain subject matter expertise in the FinTech industry and develop high impact, client facing reports on investment trends and acquisitions in this space
- Learn and apply basic financial analysis concepts and skills
- Create and assist in the execution of marketing for deal announcements
- Gain valuable first-hand experience with Investment Banking concepts and exposure to senior level investment banking team members
- Rising Juniors with a graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- All degrees considered, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred
- GPA 3.30 or greater
- Strong interest in finance, consulting, and research
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive for excellence
- Team player, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial
- Strong data management and research skills
- High attention to detail
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
- FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Raymond James, and SunTrust
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Payoneer's $3.8 billion Merger with FTAC Olympus Acquisition Corp.
- Divvy's $2.5 billion Sale to Bill.com
- GreenSky’s $2.2 billion Sale to Goldman Sachs
- Forge’s $2 billion Merger with Motive Capital Corp.
- Revolut's $800 million Financing at a $33 billion Valuation
- Mollie's $800 million Financing
- Currencycloud’s £700 million Sale to Visa
- Varo’s $510 million E Round Financing
- AvidXchange's ~$400 million Financing
- Bolt’s $393 million Series D Financing
- Feedzai's $200 million Series D Financing
- The Zebra's $150 million Series D Financing
- Upgrade’s $105 million Series E Financing at a $3.3 billion Valuation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.