Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking 2023 Investment Banking Summer Associates.
Financial Technology Partners is one of the most successful boutique investment banks on Wall Street. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in NYC and London, FT Partners has advised on some of the most meaningful transactions in the high-growth Financial Technology sector in recent years. We offer a full suite of financial and strategic advisory services, including merger and acquisition advisory, private capital raising and capital markets advisory. The Financial Technology sector is a dynamic industry that encompasses the convergence of financial services and technology. We are a 250+ global firm that prides itself on having an extremely collegial and energetic culture. Every member of the organization is expected to meaningfully contribute to the firm’s success. Senior bankers at the firm are formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Evercore and Barclays
The summer associate internship is a 10-week program beginning in June 2023. Summer Associates are involved in all aspects of originating and executing live transactions, including extensive financial modeling and analysis, company valuation, corporate and industry research, strategic analysis and recommendation, identification of business development opportunities, due diligence, preparation of client presentation materials and identification of corporate and financial sponsor buyers and investors. Summer Associates assume significant responsibility by working closely with senior investment bankers, overseeing and executing day-to-day deal activities and managing Analysts. Summer Associates will gain significant exposure to industry leaders, top private equity and venture capital investors and cutting-edge technology companies.
- Currently enrolled in a top tier Master of Business Administration program, graduating in 2024
- Undergraduate degree with a 3.5 GPA or greater
- Previous experience in investment banking, valuation services, or transactions advisory services, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated capability to lead and manage projects
- Excellent organizational, execution and time management skills; attention to detail
- Relationship management skills, able to interact with all levels within an organization
- Strong presentation skills in both large and small group settings
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Proven quantitative and technical skills
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the complexities of any task or challenge
- Strong work ethic and drive with a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- U.S. work authorization required
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Evercore and Barclays
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
- Ranked the #1 Investment Banking Internship Program for 2022 in the Firsthand (Vault) annual survey!
Selected transactions include advising:
- Divvy's $2.5 billion Sale to Bill.com
- GreenSky’s $2.2 billion Sale to Goldman Sachs
- Forge’s $2 billion Merger with Motive Capital Corp.
- Truebill’s $1.3 billion Sale to Rocket Companies
- Revolut's $800 million Financing at a $33 billion Valuation
- Payrix’ ~$800 million Sale to FIS
- Cross River’s $620 million Series D Financing
- Velocity Global’s $400 million Series B Financing
- SpotOn’s $300 million Series F Financing at a $3.6 billion Valuation
- Neon’s $300 million Series D Financing
- Upgrade’s $280 million Series F Financing at a $6 billion Valuation
- Mambu’s ~$266 million Series E Financing at a ~$5.5 billion Valuation
- Newfront’s $200 million Financing at a $2.2 billion Valuation
- CloudWalk’s $150 million Financing at a ~$2.2 billion Valuation
The annual salary for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $200,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.