Data and Business Intelligence Analyst – FinTech Investment Banking
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking a Data and Business Intelligence Analyst to support the Business Development team.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as "Dealmaker of the Year" and "Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by the M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm's Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London, and Los Angeles.
Role Description: Reporting into the Head of Business Development, the Data and Business Intelligence Analyst will work with the Research and Business Development and Engineering teams. This Individual will combine advanced mathematical, statistical, analytical, and data mining expertise, knowledge of the financial industry, and programming skills to research, collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets from internal and external sources to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges. Integrates and prepares large, varied data sets, architects specialized data and computing environments and communicates results in a way that can be easily understood by the management team.
If you have a deep understanding of wrangling business data to deliver powerful insights and want to work with creative freedom to shape a growing platform in a fast-paced environment, you may be right for this role.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
- Designing, building, delivering and maintaining world-class reporting for all areas of the business using Tableau
- Will participate in business and executive meetings to gather requirements and make recommendations that translate into reporting/BI solutions
- Translating business needs into high-level technical specifications and design.
- Developing a deep understanding of the various business processes, data sets and BI deliverables
- Leveraging knowledge of the specific data available, forecasting/analysis methods and visualization capabilities to enhance requirements and provide insightful suggestions to business stakeholders
- Designing and implementing analytical and predictive modelling using tools like regression analysis, machine learning, or other statistical methods
- Preparing, cleansing and maintaining data in the data warehouse for efficient delivery to Tableau
- Prioritizing, delivering and maintaining all Tableau reporting projects companywide
- Assisting in the daily support of end-users’ ability to effectively and efficiently utilize the reporting platform
- 3 – 5 years of experience in data reporting & analytics tools, process, methodologies and best practices.
- Working knowledge of BI and data warehouse concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of designing data models for optimal use for analytics
- Experience building complex reports in Tableau to build complex, interactive reports
- Previous experience with SQL required. Experience with analytical programming languages such as Python or R is preferred, including success in implementing such tools for BI modeling or other analytical purposes
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects while still achieving deadlines
- Detail-oriented person who is passionate about quality and enthusiastic about new technology
- Advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in storytelling with data, data visualization design and best practices
- Prior experience in financial technology preferred
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, able to prepare high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Maturity and poise to work directly with client executives
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
- Assurance IQ in its $3.5 billion sale to Prudential (NYSE: PRU)
- Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
- SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
- Finicity in its $985 million sale to Mastercard (NYSE: MA)
- Interswitch in its $200 million minority investment led by Visa
- Checkout.com in its $230 million minority investment from Insight, DST, GIC, and others
- CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
- GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
- Instamed in its $500+ million sale to JP Morgan (NYSE: JPM)
- BlueVine in its $102 million minority investment led by ION
- Stone in its $1.4 bn IPO
- FleetOne in its $369mm sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
- AvidXchange in its $300 million financing from MasterCard (NYSE:MA), CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
- Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
- Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
- Addepar in its $140 million financing from Valor Equity Partners, 8VC and Harald McPike
- Automatic in its $115 million sale to SiriusXM (NASDAQ: SIRI)
- GoCardless in its $75 million minority investment from Adams Street Partners and Google Ventures
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.