Special Executions Group - Data Analytics at Financial Technology Partners, New York
The Special Executions Group (“SpecialX”) brings a differentiated level of financial execution and data analytics expertise to FT Partners. Comprised of a global team of investment bankers with deep financial / data analysis skills and backgrounds in consulting, SpecialX helps to drive focus on financial excellence in connection with all our deals.
SpecialX bankers centralize FT Partners’ core financial and data expertise, ensuring consistency across deals and execution success for all our clients. SpecialX data analytics professionals analyze detailed financial and business trends, providing critical support for investment theses and key growth initiatives. The role presents a unique opportunity to apply core business analytics and finance knowledge to client-facing deal situations.
SpecialX data analytics professionals’ responsibilities include:
Deep data analytics and modeling from transaction level data, broad financial analysis, analysis of cohort trends and other data supporting critical financial analyses on deals, strategic analyses of companies, preparation of presentation materials and best practices applicable to numerous live deals.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Graduation date between December 2021 - June 2022
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, PowerPivot, Tableau, or Alteryx strongly preferred
- FinTech, Software & Technology, or Financial Services experience preferred
- MIS, Analytics, Systems Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or other quantitative majors strongly preferred
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- 1400 SAT / 30 ACT strongly preferred
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Business and Technical Skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent problem solving and analytic ability
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
- Strong data analytics and financial analysis skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate methods and results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks and initiatives
- Prepares high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Able to collaborate across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Builds trust in relationships with all team members
- High-level of engagement and commitment to firm's goals and organizational success
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.