The Special Executions Group (“SpecialX”) brings a differentiated level of financial execution expertise to FT Partners. Comprised of a global team of investment bankers with deep financial skills and backgrounds in consulting, SpecialX helps to drive focus on financial excellence in connection with all our deals.
SpecialX bankers help craft and validate the overall financial strategy in connection with M&A transactions, perform data analytics in support of key business & economic trends, and spearhead modeling excellence & validation of critical growth initiatives. SpecialX bankers centralize FT Partners’ core financial expertise, ensuring consistency across deals and execution success for all our clients.
SpecialX Analyst responsibilities include:
- Broad ownership and collaboration on financial execution and modeling across all deals.
- Development and execution of specific financial strategy and positioning for deals.
- Identification and critical analysis of financial trends driving future deal value and mitigating risk.
- Data analytics and financial modeling, including analysis of cohort trends and other data supporting critical deal issues.
- Preparation of pivot tables, charts, and PowerPoint reports to present results of analyses performed.
- Developing and disseminating critical best practices to ensure financial excellence across all deals.
- Research and presentation of analyses to a broad audience of internal and external stakeholders, requiring excellent communication skills.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- 3 – 6 years of Big 4 work experience required
- Transaction Advisory / M&A experience required
- Top performance rating within peer group
- FinTech, Software & Technology, or Financial Services experience preferred
- Data analytics experience preferred (strong Excel skills required)
- CPA required
- Finance or accounting degree required
- Minimum 3.5 GPA required
- 2000 SAT / 30 ACT strongly preferred
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Business and Technical Skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytic ability
- Strong quantitative and technical accounting skills (e.g. financial due diligence, advanced Excel skills)
- Strong data analytics and research skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Prepares high impact materials
- Participates effectively in both internal and external meetings
- Able to collaborate across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Builds trust in relationships with all team members
- High-level of engagement and commitment to firm's goals and organizational success
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.