At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
Overview of the Role
We are searching for a People Ops Manager to help build the next iteration of Figment’s global people capabilities and be responsible to improve operational effectiveness and team engagement. The People team supports over 150 team members in Canada, the US and 10+ other countries. In this role, your stakeholders are Figment team members. You will be at the heart of building a more beautiful company where people can thrive.
As the People Ops Manager you will report to the Head of People and work with a variety of executive and peer leaders across the company. This is a player coach role. We expect that you will be running / doing as much of the work yourself as directing others to do work.
- People Operations:
- Be responsible for improving key lifecycle processes for onboarding, team design, promotions, total rewards, employee relations, and off-boarding.
- People Administration:
- Directly manage and be accountable for our HRIS system (HiBob), HR policies, the team handbook and requests from our jira HR Helpdesk.
- People Development:
- Further evolve Figment’s leveling structure, performance development programs, and leadership development programs.
- Support Team Leads as coach / thought partner to improve their teams engagement
- Payroll, Benefits and Compliance:
- Collaborate with our Payroll, Benefits and Compliance Lead to manage the transition from our PEO to in-house programs for payroll, benefits enrollment, state / province compliance, 401k & RRSP programs and PTO / leave management.
- Team Culture & Rituals:
- Work with team members to implement creative ways to create connection and sense of culture in a remote work environment.
- Be responsible to measure the pulse of our team to find opportunities for improvement.
- Talent & Recruiting:
- While you will not be responsible for the talent or recruiting domain you will work closely with our Director of Talent to support effective processes for recruiting, hiring, onboarding and compensation.
- A fairly deep experience in People Ops / HR:
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience in People Ops/HR roles in a high-growth start-up environment where you owned people functions and delivered measurable results.
- Well versed in people ops & HR capabilities and have a sense of how to adjust and apply your experience to our company stage and priorities.
- Have working knowledge of Canadian and United States HR compliance as well as experience working with a PEO and EOR partners.
- Ideally have helped to transition a company from a PEO to in-house payroll and benefits admin.
- A focus on people & culture:
- Care deeply about people, the experience of work, and excited to intentionally shape a culture of performance and principle.
- Think as a human first and choose what is right by people in situations where a more technical HR approach may feel accurate but does not fit our culture.
- A business mindset:
- Demonstrated results in cost-benefit thinking and know how to increase value across the variety of people ops services, tech stack and vendor partners.
- Implemented people programs that improve team morale and effectiveness with a straight line of sight to supporting Figment business goals and priorities.
- Strong writing & communication skills:
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes simply and effectively, adjusting for audiences accordingly.
- Comfortable playing role as face or voice of “the company” in this role, and able to take on that responsibility with maturity and grace
One of Figment’s core principles is “Making the Invisible Visible” - ensuring transparency and information sharing in all communication. Figment is committed to transparency regarding pay, benefits, and other compensation types for all internal roles as well as all roles being hired for.
Base Salary: The US base salary range for this position is $110,000 to $160,000 USD. The Canadian base salary range for this position is $110,000 to $160,000 CAD. This range reflects base salary only, and does not include additional compensation or benefits. For candidates in other countries, the pay range will be disclosed upon your first interview with Figment (being a globally remote company, the list of salary ranges would simply be too long to note here!). The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum range for a new hire across all of the US. A candidate’s specific pay within the range will be determined by various factors including job-related skills, relevant education, and training.
Benefits: All full-time employees of Figment receive the following competitive benefits. For candidates beyond Canada and the US, benefits will be outlined during your first interview with Figment.
- 100% remote-first environment, with co-working spaces in our employee “hubs” across the globe for those who enjoy a hybrid model
- 4 weeks of PTO that kick in day one, with an additional 1 week of flex days
- Extended company-paid health benefits that kick in day one
- Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- A home office stipend to create a space that you enjoy working in
- Monthly Wifi reimbursement
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- 401K (US) or RRSP match (Canada)
- Stock Options in the company
- Competitive bonus (based on company performance) that is distributed quarterly - we believe that the company’s success should be shared with our employees often
- For roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- Annual onsite company gatherings and retreats to inspire team bonding, collaboration, and fun!
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.