“It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! Magazine Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine…”
Is blockchain real or just a figment of people’s imagination? Come help us discover the next great technology revolution…
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly driven, proactive and well-versed Revenue Accountant who is excited about helping pave the way for crypto accounting. The position offers a considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a hypergrowth and evolving organization.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Revenue Accountant will help streamline revenue measurement and recognition processes as well as accounts receivable function. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, enjoys working in a dynamic environment, taking on new challenges and is excited about the opportunity to navigate the complexities of crypto accounting.
- Ensure all the staking revenue from multiple networks and other revenue streams is properly measured and recognized under US GAAP
- Work closely with the sales team, review contracts to understand and track timing of revenue recognition, classification and invoicing requirements
- Track, analyze and report on revenue-related metrics
- Ensure proper recordkeeping for revenue-related transactions support
- Help develop and update policies and procedures associated with revenue recognition and AR function
- Own the accounts receivable function, including billing and following up on outstanding payments on a regular basis
- Assist with assessment of various solutions for cryptocurrency-denominated billing and AR and implement new systems and processes
- Support ad-hoc projects and analysis, as needed and implement best practices over revenue measurement and recognition
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- US GAAP knowledge (specifically ASC 606)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tech-savvy and excited about new technologies and practices
- Familiarity with and interest in the blockchain space
- Experience working with a heavy volume of data from multiple sources
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of PoS-based blockchain landscape is an asset
Benefits & Impact
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a “non corporate environment”
- Remote first teams working flexible hours
- Equity and bonus potential
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.