Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Why a Director of Fraud Prevention is important:
It is our priority to provide the best experience to our millions of shoppers each month, and a major part of that is providing them with the easiest way to get rewarded for their shopping. Helping shoppers keep their accounts secure and protecting the platform from bad actors is a carefully calculated challenge, and we’re looking for a proven veteran in the fraud prevention space to build targeted policies and systems and grow our team of talented fraud analysts. The fraud team and each analyst play an important role in ensuring good users have a positive experience unencumbered by unnecessary hurdles, that we correct any minor infractions, and maintain the highest volume of shoppers using Fetch while protecting against egregious theft.
Who should apply?
- An exceptional people leader who builds, empowers, develops and organizes a strong team of Fraud Prevention managers and agents towards a culture where everyone can contribute fully
- An effective communicator and collaborator including with company leadership, department managers, product managers, engineers, support managers and agents.
- A customer-obsessed and data-driven problem solver to ensure priorities and key decisions are informed by quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback
- A structured, process-oriented “neat freak” who brings organization to chaos.
- A visionary who incorporates a tactical day-to-day understanding into a strategic plan.
- An expert in “Terms abuse” fraud identification and correction with a prioritization for user value.
- Oversee and take full responsibility for both smooth daily operations and calculated strategic direction for the fraud team.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve systems and best practices that will help the Fetch fraud team grow and scale efficiently with our user base.
- Optimize all aspects of the employee’s lifetime with Fetch, from initial training, to 1v1’s and coaching, through continued education and professional development.
- Analyze overall team performance, individual performance, and identify improvements for each individual, and with any process.
- Build a process and team that identifies fraud trends, assesses severity and reach of impact, and mitigates appropriately.
- Identify KPI’s and generate/monitor reports on a daily and weekly basis to ensure strong and consistent performance from the fraud team.
- Review and monitor all data within your grasp to identify fraud trends and product improvements that can help reduce fraud loss, the burden on the fraud team, and improve customer retention.
- Be a driving force behind the changes to the product, our processes, and policies to build a customer-centric and inclusive workforce while providing the best user experience while maintaining a healthy fraud loss.
- You work across departments to solidify good working relationships, positive collaboration, and alignment on fraud control methods.
- Develop comprehensive fraud strategy and define methodologies, and data points to improve performance and accuracy.
- Identify and take ownership over additional responsibilities as they arise.
- Define and set department and individual goals in line with company goals.
We know we’re both succeeding when:
- Each member of the team is motivated by your leadership, and you empower each person to operate at a highly productive level.
- Maintain Fraud loss is at a healthy rate.
- False positive rate is minimized.
- All Fraud investigations are handled within SLAs.
- Match fraud team hiring plan with work volume growth.
- You minimize team turnover and maintain a positive working environment within the Fraud team, and build strong collaborative relationships with other teams.
- You wake up eager to come to Fetch every day and are excited to tell your friends and family what we’re doing here.
Skills and experience we believe you will need for this position
- Ability to effectively communicate as a manager the expectations and to help employees work through any questions, challenges, or successes that come with the role.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to adapt and generate new best practices for problem solving.
- Strong communication skills to manage relationships and work with technical staff as well as other stakeholders.
- Manage a rapidly growing & changing team.
- Natural problem solver
- You possess a team mentality and enjoy getting your hands dirty and diving into the weeds.
- 5+ years team leadership experience
- 5+ years in Fraud Prevention centered around Terms abuse at a Software company