FE International is an award-winning global M&A Advisor of SaaS, E-Commerce & Content Businesses and the preeminent valuation thought leader in the industry. Founded in 2010, the leadership team has over 50 years of combined experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, technology, and entrepreneurship. The Firm offers comprehensive exit planning services, as well as direct access to an established network of international investors.
With headquarters in New York and regional offices in San Francisco, London, and Hong Kong, FE International is a truly global company. FE was named No. 8 Fastest Growing Financial Services Company in the Americas in 2020 by the Financial Times (No. 133 overall) and is a two-time Inc. 5000 company.
You will be leading the in-house editorial team responsible for producing SaaS Mag (https://www.saasmag.com/), the premier global print publication for SaaS and software companies. You will be focusing on the dynamic start-up and VC funded space, responsible for the entire production of the publication from start to finish. This will include planning, interviewing and writing of features for the titles, planning new quarterly editions of the magazines, and working with the editorial team to ensure that news is written and published across the various channels in a timely manner and optimized to ensure it reaches the widest possible audience.
- Take full ownership of the magazine from inception to print,
- Meet production deadlines within the allocated budget
- Collaborate with the Creative Services Director to produce a creative and striking print product
- Create and deliver the overall content plan, in line with senior management’s strategy
- Manage subeditors and freelancers, and apply a consistent tone during editorial review
- Oversee newsletter content curation and dispatch strategy
- Ensure the company’s editorial standards are met and all relevant copyrights, local and legal guidelines are adhered to
- Build and maintain an editorial content calendar
- Develop a cohesive strategy for Online, Print and Social Media platforms
- Manage and upskill the other members of the editorial team
- Contribute to the firm’s other brand extension as needed
- Strong editorial experience and a proven background as a Magazine Editorial Director
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to understand complex topics and work under pressure
- Takes initiative to solve problems and create solutions
Experience and Education:
- Strong editorial experience and a proven background as a Editorial Director
- Bachelor’s degree in writing, communications or journalism
- Understanding of SaaS, E-Commerce and Technology businesses is a must.
- Have worked within a growing organisation that has scaled from 0 to 100.
This candidate must be able to work in our New York office and not require visa sponsorship.