ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Atlanta, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Every Sunday, we have a half million of our closest friends over to our place to watch the watch game and, well maybe, we make a few friendly bets – actually, we usually make about 3 million of them.
Our customers see odds, lines, spreads, play-by-play updates, deposits, and withdrawals.
We see only data, data, data, data, data, and data. Each contest generates tens of millions of individual data points that must be collected, combined, understood, and acted on. All at the speed of the game. No time-outs.
Data drives our organization. As a Data Engineer at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of our vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight our customers with a world-class personalized experience. You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every touchdown, every fumble, and every play into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better and faster decisions – outplaying our competition.
As a FanDuel Data Engineering intern, you will work alongside teams experienced data engineers to feed data to our online applications, data scientists mining our data and training our models, and our analysts who make our data mean something. You will help us organize, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to the business, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field and in the marketplace.
We are looking for talented students with a passion for data and the technical chops to put it to work. If this sounds like you, read on – we want to talk to you!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You will be working as part of a team of other data engineering interns – doing the job. No making copies. No fetching coffee. Just data.
- Your team will be working alongside our other data engineering delivery teams building data pipelines, creating data models, ensuring data quality, and delivering solutions to real-world data problems.
- An experienced data engineer will work with you as a guide and mentor to help you along the way.
- You will be working with a contemporary technology stack that will provide you with hands-on experience with the tools data engineers and data scientists are using today: Amazon Redshift, Airflow, DBT, Python, Databricks, and Kafka in an end-to-end cloud-based environment.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- You're currently pursuing a BS in Computer Science (or related) and will graduate between Dec. 2023 & May 2024
- You have experience of computer programming with at least one language (SQL and Python a plus!)
- You have a passion for data and are excited to learn new technologies and techniques
- You take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish
- You can communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have a solid grounding in the fundamentals
- You are obsessed with writing clean elegant code and building solid designs that stand the test of time
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.