ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for a highly experienced Product Designer to join our Gaming UX & Design team in New York. This is a great opportunity for this individual to help shape and define our customer experiences on our rapidly growing Sportsbook products.
**A minimum of 3+ years of post-graduate experience working in a UX or Product Design role is required
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You’ll be Joining our growing Gaming UX & Design team, working on innovative new features and building upon the existing gaming experiences that our customers love and enjoy.
- The Gaming team are responsible for FanDuel’s Sportsbook user experiences across our portfolio of web, iOS and Android platforms.
- You’ll lead team projects and goals with wide scope and ambiguity, while educating the team and stakeholders on UX & Design best practices. You’ll move forward projects with a lot of autonomy and look at projects in the form of problems to be solved to meet schedules and goals. You’ll develop new approaches for tackling a problem, using known methods and anticipating problems. You’ll spend time observing customers and be involved in validating solutions with them.
- You’ll lead and facilitate meetings and design sessions and contributes to wider team meetings. You’ll receive coaching in technical and behavioural skills, and you will coach less experienced team members in technical skills. You’ll actively participate in hiring processes and onboarding new team members to help to attract the best talent.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- You’re an experienced professional with a full understanding of one or more functional areas. You’ve contributed heavily to multiple projects on multiple shipped products.
- You have extensive expertise in visual hierarchy, layout and information architecture. You show a strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies. You have designed for scale and consistently, and can advocate for the use and contribution to the design system. You’re a respected partner amongst your peers in product and engineering. You can identify product overlaps and gaps in your own work. You have a good working knowledge of user research process and methodologies and maintain a good knowledge of customer behaviour in products you work on.
- You can clearly communicate your rationale to partners. You’re trained in best practices of hiring and have a solid foundation of a professional network.
What to include in your application
- Your resume and any extra info that’s relevant
- At least one case study of a real world project. A portfolio with multiple case studies is better. Demonstrate your UX, UI, product thinking, process, and communication skills. You can read a blog post about we look for in a case study. If you can’t share a case study with us, please let us know why so we can work something out.
- Any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, or others that you think we should see.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.