FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win everyday and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
About the role
The FanDuel platform handles tens of thousands of requests a second across hundreds of services; it’s absolutely critical to the company’s success that this platform remains available and rapidly scalable and the DevOps team have a leading role in making that happen. Our growing team features a diverse range of skills, from generalist to specialist, but one thing our team does have in common is a deep understanding of how our system works and hangs together.
This is a role for someone who is looking to exercise and develop their core leadership skills both from a technical and people management point of view. You will have established DevOps Engineer capabilities as well as people manager capabilities. In this role, you will be managing a group of DevOps Engineers that have a variety of individual and team commitments and capabilities, ensuring the delivery of reliable, timely, and future-proof platforms.
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement to coach and develop a group of DevOps Engineers. You are able to represent your team autonomously, require minimal guidance and are accountable for the team's structure, software, and technical deliverables. You partner with your engineers and leadership to define a vision and tenets that communicate how your team makes decisions. You provide the larger picture, the long-term perspective, and the context (past, current, future) behind business and technology choices. Your roadmap influences organisational goals. You effectively participate in FanDuels planning process. You evangelize our company values.
What you'll do
- Experience of managing team functions and objectives, developing deliverables and capacity planning
- Manage a team of DevOps Engineers working to deliver technology solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Be accountable for team execution, project prioritization, software quality, and system maintenance
- Mentor, support and develop the DevOps Engineers that report to you
- Clarify your team's missions, visions, and priorities
What we're looking for
- Ability to manage performance, team coaching and promotion of personal development
- Accelerates progress, clears or escalates blockers and creates opportunities for growth
- Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams, including Project Managers and other stakeholders to define the roadmap for DevOps products and translate this into user stories
- Experience in coaching Engineers to improve code and platform quality
- People management, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ensures technology solutions are testable, monitored, and maintainable
What you can expect
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, we’re never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & uncapped holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental and optical cover and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online and in-office training and a preference to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme, value creation rewards and season ticket commuter loans.
We’re very proud of the company we have created and the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.