ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Atlanta, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Strategy and Operations Senior Vice President leads two teams (~15 FTEs in total) that help get tough projects solved and implemented in the business. The teams are akin to an internal consulting team and a business program management office. The teams focus on a variety of projects that are complex, cross-functional and require a combination of problem solving and execution. The team works on both long-term strategic projects (e.g., 5-year plan, how to enter new countries, M&A opportunities) as well as near-term, tactical projects focused on efficiency and execution. The SVP will also work collaboratively with the other C-suite executives to ensure strategies are well defined and then well–executed.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Strategy and Operations Senior Vice President will work on some of the tougher, complex issues that the business faces. They will also work to identify what the business needs to continue to execute their recommendations going forward. The role will work with senior leaders across the organization, and work in lock-step with the CEO. A critical element of the job is to work with the entire C-Suite and ensure they are executing and aligned in both strategy and day-to-day operations. Other partners they will work with on more specific projects include the General Managers of the different business lines, CMO, COO, CLO, and VPs at every level. Example projects the team will work on are:
- Setting strategy for how to enter new countries
- Ensuring businesses are ready for launch of business lines in each state
- Building out an automation capability and deploying across business
- Quarterback cross-functional projects that come up that are important to the business, such as HR software tools for the rest of the business, developing Google Store strategy, building CCPA processes.
- Work with senior leadership to redesign organizational structures, identify top talent and lay out plans to build bench-strength
- Leads the company-wide goal setting exercise, plans, and ensures all leaders are aligned in goals and goals are clearly communicated throughout the organization.
- Determine a strategy for retail sportsbooks
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum 10 years work experience, specifically in a problem-solving capacity. If you were a senior consultant that loved to solve problems in high-growth businesses, get stuff done and have real impact, but did not like selling work to a client…than you’ll love this job. We are looking for experience from either a top tier consulting firm, PE Operations arm, or a well-established strategy division of a larger company.
- Multiple years’ experience managing teams and people.
- You get stuff done. Has a proven track record of being able to drive initiatives through implementation. People who would prefer to talk about strategy vs actually do the work to implement it should not apply.
- Knows how to be a counselor to CEOs and other C-Suite executives
- Strong problem solver, ability to break complex problems into simpler, smaller ones
- Swiss-army knife knowledge across business practices. Must be a quick learner
- Holds a seat at the table, can speak at right level of detail when providing findings to executives. Has no trouble being tough and honest in professional conversations.
- Experience building strategic plans and approaches to running businesses.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.