ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in Georgia, New York, with offices in Georgia, California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others.
As a Lead Software Engineer working on our FOX Bet Free-To-Play products, you will be developing mobile experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players all over the world helping them experience the thrill of live sports games.
You will take innovative product ideas and features and design and implement consumer-facing mobile apps. You write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You take accountability for the operations of your products and focus on continuously improving quality and reliability. You are a passionate advocate for our customers.
You are considered a technical leader on your team. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives. You take the long term view. You consider where each system is at in its life-cycle and where appropriate, proactively fix architecture deficiencies. You are able to take the lead on large projects that require the work of your team. You know how to divide a software project into parallel work that can be performed by you and other software engineers and then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch. You enjoy coaching and developing other software engineers' technical skills.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Make significant and autonomous contributions to the free to play contest mobile applications
- Solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices
- Work with your team to invent, design and build software that is high quality and performant
- Proficiently use a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to apply them and when it is not
- Build pragmatic solutions balancing simplicity and efficacy against performance and scale
- Write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support.
- Most importantly, you are; humble and pragmatic.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android development and deployment
- Experience with cross-platform technology for application development (e.g. React Native, Flutter, Xamarin, Unity, etc.)
- Experience developing shipped titles available on the app store(s) (ideally cross-platform)
- Solid knowledge and previous development experience with apps that consume RESTful APIs
- Ability to write code that is readable, maintainable, documented, and thoroughly tested.
- Understanding of modern architecture patterns like Model-View-View Model (MVVM).
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.