ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a Lead Software Engineer (Backend) working within our Daily Fantasy Sports vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own and become subject matter experts of areas of product and technology stack and will be the go-to person for those areas.
The Fantasy Vertical builds and supports all Fantasy products within the FanDuel Group including the Daily Fantasy Sports product. Our mission is to make sports more exciting by building products our customers love with teams that love to build!
Our Platform Portability division is looking a technical leader to join the team, helping to build the products and features that will expand the reach of FanDuel’s Fantasy Sports product to users around the world in new and innovative ways.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance.
- You write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You actively recruit and help others leverage your expertise, by coaching and mentoring in your organization (or at your location).
- You provide mentorship to more junior team members as well as technical assessments for promotion to Sr. SE & Lead SE.
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices.
- You are capable of weighing the short and long-term tradeoffs of complex technical decisions.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available systems.
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building server-side code for web site applications.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architectural principles.
- Expert in at least one modern programming language (Java, Python or any Functional/OO programming languages).
- Knowledge about HTTP, JSON, and familiarity with Frontend technologies: HTML, React, Typescript
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins, and Git for version control
- Good grasp on relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Async programming and processing
- Ability to analyze requirements and translate into technical designs.
- Experience performing peer code reviews and troubleshooting
- Experience with micro-service architectures (MSA), API services
- Ability to excel in an Agile / Scrum development environment and create a positive influence
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.