ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars US — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Lead the Analytics team embedded in the US Racing P&L, responsible for building the Racing Analytics infrastructure and providing analysis and insight on the Racing business (Online and Retail).
THE GAME PLAN
Work closely with the Racing commercial team to provide the analytical capabilities needed in the decision-making process. Partner with marketing team to assess the efficiency of the acquisition and retention spend. Set standards for data science within team and evolve data science techniques across company, developing and disseminating best practices for data analytics. Translate complex quantitative research and analysis into actionable business recommendations, parsing data for non-technical audience. Identify analytical and technology gaps and areas for innovation, working closely with the data teams to help develop and improve the current data structure. Develop, iterate and take to production machine learning models to solve business problems. Explore and use different analysis, modeling, reporting tools to improve scalability, and accelerate the conversion of data to insight. Build solutions for teams to self-serve data as feasible, accelerating BAU and fostering reliance on analytical research. Manage a team of three data scientists and an analyst.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
Master’s degree in Mathematics or related quantitative field and three (3) years of experience in the positon offered or a related role.
Full term of experience must include:
- Utilizing SQL and other analytic tools, including KNIME and R, to design, undertake and automate quantitative analysis of consumer behavior and deliver insights in order to drive positive outcomes
- Applying expertise working with relational DBs (to include SQL and Redshift) and proficiency in programming languages (Python or R) to query the data platforms and gather relevant data to be analyzed.
- Applying understanding of engineering standards and practices to facilitate interaction with the other data teams and the building of sustainable and scalable solutions
- Effectively communicating technical and quantitative details to a non-technical audience to present actionable insights in a clear and understandable manner
- Undertaking analytics/customer intelligence within the casino, gaming, sports betting or horseracing industry
- Utilizing machine learning techniques, experimental design and statistical modeling, specifically building user behavior prediction using the following machine learning techniques: Linear regression; Logistic regression; Naïve Bayes; Decision tree; Random forest; Support vector machine; Neural network; Deep learning; K-Means; Clustering; Nearest neighbor.
- Analysis of operations and performance, including commercial, analytics, and customer intelligence, by applying analytical techniques including regression, user segmentation, and cohort analysis to forecast revenue, assess new investment ideas and monitor business performance
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to FanDuel’s Employee Referral Program
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.