FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Join a place where innovation, creativity, customer/business focus, continuous improvement, automation and operational objectives are a way of life— and love what you do.
We’re a company that doesn’t stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our technology team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on dynamic projects, in a collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Successful candidates will have a passion for working with technology. They will have a positive results with a ‘can do’ attitude, and be able to demonstrate their ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will have a pragmatic approach, with an understanding of the need to balance lightweight but rigorous change processes with distributed accountability against the Business need for delivery at pace.
Across FanDuel we perform tens of thousands of production changes each year. We are looking for a Senior Technical Release Manager to lead the Release Management team, operating globally across the FanDuel estate. Your primary role will be owning and operating the release management process, ensuring we meet our regulatory requirements, minimise lead time for change, and maximise deployment frequency, while ensuring high quality and governance standards.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate both to technical and non-technical teams. This role requires a strong ability to find creative solutions to challenging problems, excellent communication skills, ability to easily navigate ambiguity and define a path forward. You must know how to influence and motivate to get the right things done.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Own the release management process for deployment of change through environments all the way to production.
- Work with regulatory testing bodies to support their validation of new release candidates.
- Define, operate, and embed release management processes across all product verticals. Continually improve these, driving efficiency.
- Line manage a team operating the release management processes in multiple engineering groups.
- Plan, manage and coordinate the implementation of changes across multiple production environments, whilst managing stakeholder expectations.
- Coordinate scope of change, release details, and documentation generation.
- Manage approval status across compliance, regulatory, change management, and engineering.
- Ensure engineering teams prioritise and resolve any test environments issues in stability/reliability.
- Liaise with Change Management on teams adherence to change control processes.
- Produce regulator and audit reports.
- Train and educate engineers and stakeholders on release management.
- Act as a point of engagement for stakeholders across the business who need to liaise with Technology where release management capabilities are concerned and ensure release management policies are understood.
- Define key operational KPIs and formulate actions plans on an ongoing basis across technology and business areas to drive excellence with an attention to detail and methodological approach.
- Deliver accurate and timely insight reporting in-line with key release related metrics to stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience managing the delivery of application change in an agile environment.
- Experience of developing release management processes and strategies. Planning, scheduling,
implementing releases in a demanding, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline specific productivity
- Experience owning cross functional initiatives, defining and executing against program requirements.
- Strong program management and analytical skills, be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and have the ability to effectively influence and communicate with global stakeholders.
- Proven ability to think and move quickly, managing difficult trade-offs to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, architecture, cloud infrastructure, and ability to coordinate inter-dependencies.
- Experience working with an AWS technical stack or similar.
- Understanding of source control management e.g. GitHub.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline tools.
- Familiarity with configuration management e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Nice to have
- Jira configuration and automation
- Experience working with regulated products
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Must pass all relevant background security checks, including those to be licensed as required by US jurisdictions.
- Some On-Call required.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.